Appl. Phys. Express 1 (2008) 041201 (2 pages) |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (479K)| |Buy This Article|
Enhanced Conversion Efficiencies of Cu2ZnSnS4-Based Thin Film Solar Cells by Using Preferential Etching Technique
Department of Electrical and Electronic Systems Engineering, Nagaoka National College of Technology, 888 Nishikatakai, Nagaoka, Niigata 940-8532, Japan
1Materials Department, Toyota Central Research and Development Laboratories Inc., Nagakute, Aichi 480-1192, Japan
(Received November 12, 2007; accepted March 7, 2008; published online April 4, 2008)
Cu2ZnSnS4 (CZTS) thin film solar cells have been fabricated by co-sputtering technique using three targets of Cu, SnS, and ZnS. CZTS-based thin film solar cells over 6.7% efficiency were obtained for the first time by soaking the CZTS layer on the Mo coated soda-lime glass substrate in deionized water (DIW) after forming the CZTS layer. It was found that DIW-soaking had the effect of preferential etching, which eliminated selectively metal oxide particles in the CZTS layer, by electron probe X-ray micro analysis.
©2008 The Japan Society of Applied Physics
PACS: 88.40.hj, 68.37.Yz, 52.77.Bn
- K. Ito and T. Nakazawa:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) 2094[JSAP].
- H. Katagiri, K. Saitoh, T. Washio, H. Shinohara, T. Kurumadani, and S. Miyajima: Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells 65 (2001) 141.
- H. Katagiri, N. Ishigaki, T. Ishida, and K. Saitoh:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 40 (2001) 500[JSAP].
- J.-S. Seol, S.-Y. Lee, J.-C. Lee, H.-D. Nam, and K.-H. Kim: Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells 75 (2003) 155.
- H. Katagiri:
Thin Solid Films 480–481 (2005) 426[CrossRef].
- T. Kobayashi, K. Jimbo, K. Tsuchida, S. Shinoda, T. Oyanagi, and H. Katagiri:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 44 (2005) 783[JSAP].
- K. Jimbo, R. Kimura, T. Kamimura, S. Yamada, W. S. Maw, H. Araki, K. Oishi, and H. Katagiri:
Thin Solid Films 515 (2007) 5997[CrossRef].
- Y. Hagiwara, T. Nakata, and A. Kunioka: Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells 67 (2001) 267.
- T. Negami, Y. Hashimoto, and S. Nishiwaki: Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells 67 (2001) 331.