Appl. Phys. Express 5 (2012) 092705 (3 pages) |Previous Article| |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1738K)| |Buy This Article|
High-Beam-Quality All-Solid-State 355 nm Ultraviolet Pulsed Laser Based on a Master-Oscillator Power-Amplifier System Pumped at 888 nm
State Key Laboratory of Tribology, Center for Photonics and Electronics, Department of Precision Instruments, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
(Received August 13, 2012; accepted August 24, 2012; published online September 7, 2012)
An efficient all-solid-state 355 nm ultraviolet laser based on an 888 nm pumped master-oscillator power-amplifier (MOPA) system is presented. Due to the high beam quality of the fundamental wave being superior to 1.15 (M2) under all pump powers and pulse repetition frequencies (PRFs), the UV laser has the advantage of being able to operate continuously from zero to maximum power. The maximum green and UV output powers were 45.9 W at 50 kHz and 24.3 W at 65 kHz with the corresponding conversion efficiencies from IR-to-green and IR-to-UV of 66.0% and 34.1%, respectively.
©2012 The Japan Society of Applied Physics
- M. Yoshimura, K. Murase, T. Kamimura, K. Nakai, Y. K. Yap, Y. Mori, T. Sasaki, Y. Matsumoto, and Y. Okada: in Advanced Solid-State Lasers, ed. M. Fejer, H. Injeyan, and U. Keller (Optical Society of America, Washington, D.C., 1999) OSA Trend in Optics and Photonics Series, Vol. 26, p. 112.
- C. X. Wang, G. Y. Wang, A. V. Hicks, D. R. Dudley, H. Y. Pang, and N. Hodgson:
Proc. SPIE 6100 (2006) 610019[AIP Scitation].
- D. Rajesh, M. Yoshimura, T. Eiro, Y. Mori, T. Sasaki, R. Jayavel, T. Kamimura, T. Katsura, T. Kojima, J. Nishimae, and K. Yasui: Opt. Mater. 31 (2008) 461.
- X. Ya, Q. Liu, M. Gong, X. Fu, and D. Wang:
Appl. Phys. B 95 (2009) 323[CrossRef].
- X. Yan, Q. Liu, H. Chen, X. Fu, M. Gong, and D. Wang:
Laser Phys. Lett. 7 (2010) 563[Elsevier].
- J. Kim, M. Yarrow, and W. Clarkson:
Appl. Phys. B 85 (2006) 539[CrossRef].
- B. Luther-Davies, V. Kolev, M. Lederer, N. Madsen, A. Rode, J. Giesekus, K. M. Du, and M. Duering: Appl. Phys. A 79 (2004) 1051.
- X. Yan, Q. Liu, X. Fu, D. Wang, and M. Gong: J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 27 (2010) 1286.
- H. Hong, L. Huang, Q. Liu, P. Yan, and M. Gong: Appl. Opt. 51 (2012) 323.
- B. J. Neubert and B. Eppich:
Opt. Commun. 250 (2005) 241[CrossRef].
- M. Gong, Y. Qiu, Q. Liu, L. Huang, P. Yan, and H. Zhang: to be published in Laser Phys. Lett. (2012).